Feb 4, 2013

07: Ling-Ling Goes Celebrating!!


means...


Lunar New Year is just around the corner! you know what that means?..... open houses!!

Since I can remember during CNY (Chinese New Year) me and my family would go do rounds of open houses to family's and relative's house. Big feast and dressing up, also the tradition of giving out the red envelopes (in Hokkien would known as âng-pau ). They have the tradition of giving out the red envelopes filled with money to unmarried juniors/kids in general (those who are married/parents who usually gives these out). Now it gets embarrassing to receive one of these, because my age is NO young NO more.



Enough of culture, lets get to nails!!

I decided to do a fun nail design for this year's CNY celebration. just because... :) there is still a giddy-girly kid inside of me. I'm calling this look, after my sister's nickname from my older sister.

LING-LING

STEP ONE
I always sketch before I do any nail design onto a real/intended nail. it helps me to experiment with colors and products more. And I came up with 2 designs. I'll be doing a lantern design for the pinky and on the thumb I'll do a Chinese girl called Ling-Ling. My sister will be on my thumb!

 STEP TWO
I chose Revlon's DOUBLE TWIST for the base coat, and OPI's Swirl of Euphoria for the base color. I applied this to all 10 nails. It's a clean look yet still dressy. 


STEP THREE
I chose OPI's Vodka & Caviar red for the lantern's color. I think the red suits the occasion, it's not to dark and it's not tacky. And use a narrow brush for this, or if your hand is steady like a surgeon's hand, use the OPI's brush straight away (mine is a klutz). 


 STEP FOUR
Use any black lacquer that you have, for the lantern's lining. Mine is just called Nail Art Pen (no surprise needed). But I can't find the picture on the web for it. For this pick a really thin brush to do it, but double the strokes. 


 STEP FIVE
U Then I use Orly's Naughty red to create some shadows on the the lantern. Again, just use a narrow brush for this.Being artistic and all. 

Wánchéng
This is how the finished product of the lantern looks like. Now for the actual Ling-Ling design! here it goes:

STEP ONE
I mixed OPI's Coney Island Cotton Candy with OPI's Alpine Snow. I just want almost a broken white kind of shade for the skin face color.

STEP TWO
I want her to wear a hair tie like on cute anime. I chose OPI's Filt In A Bit orange. I think it's still suits the color palette. or not?

STEP THREE
Before I bravely draw a full hair, I always like to make guideline to where I should fill in, Just so I'm sure I like the shape of it. Again, you can use any black lacquer that you have, for it. Mine is just called Nail Art Pen.

STEP FOUR
Just start to fill everything in, and add little dots and lines to create those pretty bashful eyes.

STEP FIVE (FINALE)
I use the OPI's Vodka & Caviar red again to create that full lushes lips. Typical Ling-Ling look that I like. I just use a small narrow brush again for this one. 

wánshàn


So there you go! A cute look for you CNY celebration. Hope you have a prosperous year! I hope I will!!!

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment