Jan 8, 2013

03: Stick It!

So,
what do you guys think of nail sticker?

there are a lot of them out there. some are great, some are good, some are... so-so. what I love about them is that they are practical. Practical to use and taken off.

First time I knew about them was from youtube video back in 2011. And on mid July 2011, I went to Melbourne (AUS) and got me-self some nail stickers from Sally Hansen. They didn't have it yet in Indonesia back at the time (made it sound so ancient ago!?). 

Anywho, I got a few of them, and straight away tried them on. It was kinda easy, similar to most of the youtube vlogger used it. You just have to be precise on your nail plate. Make sure to clean your nails and no excess of dust or cottons (or anything you cleaned it with). 
And it would be best to get rid of the excess cuticles / dead skin. so it'll go perfectly on to your nails.

I don't have a personal tutorial on how to put it on just yet, but I can share a tutorial I found on Sally Hansen's youtube acc.


Salon Effects How-To Video





Also some of the pics of my nail sticker experience, the onces I bought and the onces I want.

THE ONCES THAT I BOUGHT
forgot the brand of it, but i bought in Debenhams (Kemang Village, Jakarta) in its nail polish section. i worn it for Blur Tribute Night at Marley's awhile back. seemed appropriate.. didn't it? 


it was from Sally Hansen's Salon Effect. Got it the end of July 2011 at Target in Melbourne. I love sparkly-confetti-like look, but a pain to take off though. 


This is from Sephora's collection, i got it around July last year. It wasn't the best (compare to Sally Hansen's), but it was ok. I think they have more options on the sizes. 



These 2 stickers was also from Sally Hansen's Salon Effect collection. I let my little cousin try it on when we had a little family dinner. It was fun and it was perfect for both of them. 

THE ONCES THAT I WANT
(but don't have yet)


Sally Hansen's Salon Insta Gel Strips

Sally Hansen's Salon Effect collaborating with Prabal Gurung

reminds me of strawberries

metallic (mirror effect)


Loreal's Color Riche collection #008

until the next post. have fun trying these on.

toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment