Jan 12, 2013

04: Fiore Nail


So,
Was anyone satisfied with all the result from the CCA this year?

Ben Affleck in Argo

Personally I’m happy that Argo so many awards, well deserved. 

And there are some ladies that caught my attention because of their lovely do, head to toe.

First we have Helen Hunt in tangerine. She is amazing with Philip Armstrong dress. It gives the curves & her sexiness without giving much away. And age appropriate.

Here we have the lovely Marion Cotillard. I love her works (Midnight in Paris, Inception, Love Me If You Dare, A Good Year) and she played her characters so beautiful and almost always so fairytale-ish. She wore Zuhair Murad Couture and may I say, it is perfect for her. (I just don’t like the shoes though)

Of course Anne Hathaway can’t do no wrong, plus she wore Oscar de la Renta amazing simple sparkly piece. No need an extra spruce of big design or big rocks, this is a proven look of, simple is better. I love love love!

And lastly, my current favorite actress, the bubbly and adorable Elle Fanning. It might not the best dress in CCA, but I think it is appropriate for her, and suits her. She is just 15 (this year) years old, she still have time to try on some weird looks and nonsense heels.

More on CCA’s 2013 results click here

Sooo, after being mesmerized by Marion & Elle my next tutorial I’m making a floral nail art. Excuse me for not being able to do a real deal, by photo/video; I don’t have the time yet to do so. Hopefully by next month I can do it regularly for you guys.

So here it goes, my tutorial on…

FIORE NAIL
STEP ONE
use a light color for your base. Here I preferably using  MAC Light Affair Nail Lacquer, because it looks simple and not far from the usual natural nail plate color. Though I suggest whatever color that is remotely close to ur natural skin color. Just think it as the perfect canvas.
STEP TWO
I chose Orly’s Orange Punch to make the flower petals by using a square brush. Just make brave petals-like strokes, almost braving yourself making small rounds mess. Explore which ways you do best.
 
STEP THREE
With OPI’s Banana Bandanna and using a narrow tip brush make smooth strokes around the previous orange petals to enhance the flower form that you’re trying to make.
STEP FOUR
For making the leaves, I chose butter LONDON’s Neon Lime Green Nail Polish. I still want to make it more like a soft feel and pastel look. Stroke lightly with a narrow brush draw a leave-like form.
STEP FIVE
Don’t forget to always put on a topcoat so it will give the finish look and smoothen the polishes that you put on. Technically I’m not even using a topcoat, but I like this product the best, Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails, for a top coat as well. It’s does not give that thick-look, dries pretty quick.


EXTRA TIPS
ONE
clean your brushes with acetone/any nail polish remover after using
TWO
when the brushes (is) gets hard that means there's some of the nail polish left by
THREE
wash the brush after cleaning (with acetone/any nail polish remover) with water


have fun trying this!

toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment