Mar 7, 2013

10: Pop Up Nail


One day I came across to my childhood pop up book, it was Sleeping Beauty. I was never a Disney person, but I just love the idea of a pop up on comics/graphic stories. It was the 3D amusement on books. 

This idea also came from one of the fashion show I saw a while back the review online, and they had a similar concept of it. This is my first trial for this, so pardon me for the lack of cleanliness. But points on the will, right?! 

let's get it started!


POP UP GARDEN
I'm using 2 sizes (very slight difference, far left is smaller than the others) it makes a difference on the final look.
I'm using the smallest for the base,

For the base I'm using OPI's THANKS A WINDMILLION, just one coat. 
After that I'm toped it with Revlon's 430 WHIMSICAL.
In my mind those little colorful sparkles are like happy clouds on shrooms. 
On the other nail I used a zig-zag scissors and made almost like a crown shape top.
I filed it just so it's smoother and won't hurts anyone.
Then I coat it lightly using OPI's ALPINE SNOW, which would make the color  pop even more, even the very translucent one. 

With a brush just dab the colors that you wanted, and just have fun with it.

I didn't went too overboard with it, because it was at 4am (escuses, excuses, excuses).
Here I'm using Revlon (917, 560,710, 210), THE FACE SHOP (PK 108), OPI (NL H62, NL L00),
kinda look like a messy garden.
On the last nail plate, I used the same method with  the previous nail. Though I made the shape slightly different.
And make it shorter than the previous one, so there's depth. 

The last nail I wanted to look like a bush. I'm using Revlon's 571, H&M's Duo Nail Polish ( FESTIVAL FUCHSIA, didn't use the fuchsia obviously) & OPI's NL H62
Then on the first nail plate, use a small drop of top coat to stick a small rhine stone (or anything with the same shape or similar size) at the bottom end of the nail plate. 

Lightly use a nail glue on the bottom edge to help placing the other  nail plate (like so)


so it should look like that

Repeat the rhine stone step to attached nail plate.

and it should look like this


So this is my first pop up nail look. I'll make better once later and more fun!

It's friday tomorrow, have a nice weekend!!!

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment