Feb 12, 2013

09: Shine Bright Like The Gold!

Hello all,

how was your weekend? Those who celebrated CNY, did your fortune do good? mine, not so much (read: I didn't go out at all). 

But enough about CNY, did you all see the Grammys? There are some moments that entertained me so much. But, there are also some acts that doesn't seem appropriately current (read: boring). Though someone once told me "when you feel bored sometimes it's because you're boring.." so I guess, I might be a boring person at that time (LOL). 

Before we go to this year's Grammys, here are some of the highlights from the previous 54th Grammy Awards, they were:


1. Adele brought down the house by 6 awards! 
I was delighted that she won, well deserved! Though I was barely alive at the end of that year because of the constant mellow-songs of hers were on repeat everywhere I go.
2. Perry's blue hair and new single(s). 
She sang E.T and A Part Of Me with her newly died blue hair. I am a huge fan of hers, but I just didn't get her blue hair. Guess she was in a bad place that year. I just thank GOD she didn't go to a place where Rihanna is right now. I just don't get Riri (so far this feeling is absolut).
3. Taylor Swift segue.
She sang the song Mean and put a sugue somewhere on the verse, "Someday, I'll be singing this at the Grammy's and all you're ever gonna be is mean,". I'm just not a fan of her songs who are just filled with self-defense of how cruel people are to her and exposing her so called bad-ex-es.
Love, Love, Love this performance!!! didn't expect much for this collaboration, but it was amazingly great!
5. Nicki Minaj.
Gaga wanna be.
6. The Beach Boys, Maroon 5 & Foster The People.
Not my favorite (obviously my love was all for Foo Fighters and Deadmau5), but it was interesting to watch and quite enjoyable. There's everything for everyone (an oldie, the mainstream and for the hipsters).
7. Rihanna.
I don't like her. Pink on 2010 Grammy Awards is still undefeatable !

This is also a flashback on previous Grammys nails red carpet!

1. Adele's famous Louboutin look-a-like nail do. 
She did her inside nail frame red! GENIUS! 
2. Katy Perry's bright french tip.
Despite the unflattering blue shade on her hair, this milky blue tip for her french mani is sooo cute. My fave french mani so far. 
3. Snooki's Spots.
well.. you can't take her seriously, not even her nails. 
4. Kelly Rowland fierce nails.
Not like this year's Grammys nails of hers, last year's was more appropriate. Gold studs, spikes; FIERCE gurl!
5. Jessie J being simple
well with her loud personality, it's a good thing she toned down on her nails. I like the shades. And most of the stars that year did a nude shade for their nails too. 
6. Carrie Underwood goes NAKED
she bare all of her nails out there. me personally, for this special occasion I would make some effort to, at least, put on some nude shades (peach/pink/beige) on mah nails. but that's just me. 
7. Lady Gaga.
I went GAGA for her nails that year, I wanted to get some mani work on my nails because of it. I found some stick on metallic & mirror-like-nail-stickers that year. I might do some this year. It's a fun look definitely. 

Now for the 55th Grammy Award here are the fab looks for fashion & nails, they are...
KATY PERRY
She looks amazing with GUCCI, yes her busty sisters looks like they might explode
(which they didn't cuz they are super real!)
And then she paired it with the nude tone on her nails! My fave!!!

KELLY OSBOURNE
well, now I know her fave mani, she did this for the previous Golden Globes too!.
But I'm not over it yet I guess, because I totally don't mind this look
(maybe because Valentine's Day is just around the corner!?)

GIULIANA RANCIC
lovely personality and classic style. I love how she chose this nude tone from Essie (Ballet Slippers), goes perfect with her dress. 

TAYLOR SWIFT
a BIG disappointment on the nails, but LOVING the dress!
I love how the dress just drops flawlessly onto her body and the pleats seems to hug her comfortably. 

FLORENCE WELCH
I'm liking her dress to boots!!
I like the emerald green and it's matchy-match with the clutch!!
In love with her mettalic nails, but the lacquer seems duo-tone because it shows different shades in a bunch of photos
(out in the media, go browse).
NOT liking the rings selection. 


And for the not-so fab ones..
KELLY ROWLAND
I know everyone is going for best dressed/look on her.
But knowing the dress code is appropriate,
for me this is not one.
And for the nail colors, is all wrong for her skin tone, her skin looks a bit ashy with it, and not a fan of those BIG old rings too. 

CARLEY RAE JEPSEN
If she wanted to do some decent nail art,
might as well do it on the whole nail frame.
There are bits of her nails that are not filled, and she did a few close up pics for it, I don't get it.
Not a fan of her make up too. 

KELLY CLARKSON
I love that confetti like glitter-lacquer, but for her persona and that dress,
I don't think it matchers.
And I think  Adele wore a similar dress on the previous Grammys.
(I think Adele can copyright that pattern,
she wears a lot of them)

JENNIFER LOPEZ
Look at her nails!!!
Gold leafs and studs over white base lacquer.
I just don't like for the fact she is
OBVIOUSLY pulling a Jolie dress,
she knows better than to do that.

JANELLE MONÁE
it seems like her fashion is on repeat for every awards, me no get.
I 'm not into the red shades on her nails too, If she needs to use from COVERGIRL's Outlast Nail Gloss (can only be in that color),
might as well add studs or any type of nail ornaments on it. 
That's it from me for the Grammy Awards, did you guys enjoy this year's Grammys?

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment