Jan 6, 2013

02: I do!



Hi guys,

I just want to share one of my work recently. One of my best friend's sister just got married recently (15 Dec 2012). Before I get to the nail detail thing, lemmie just say, they are probably the most perfect couple that I've come accross to in my life. Not just personality wise but also their voice synced! for the wedding souveniers they made a christmas album of them both. if I get the chance to share it one day, I will. and at the end of their holy matrimony, they sang together and it was like angels singing. *sigh* okay, enough with the wedding details.

back to the nail thing.

For her reception night, I made her nails with  simple colors and a bit of spark, 
it is her big day and she needs the extra glow.

I asked what her dress would be like and in what color. Because her favorite color is purple, of course, her wedding dress is in purple. She wears a traditional wedding dress from Ambon, and it was quite festive. Of course there's also some beads and other stones thrown all around. I suggested for her nails to be more toned down but still give some of that eye catching spark.

I chose the color that is a mixed of grey & purple. Firstly I use Sally Hansen's Nail Hardener.I love it so much, not because it kinda gives you more protection from discoloration by the colored nail polishes, also it gives more strength to your bones (aka nails). For the base color I go from Revlon's Top Speed collection #710 cloud (of course, double). 

Because the bride (suddenly) wants to take a quick shower before doing the make up, I gave her Mavala's Mavadry just to make it dry faster. It did an amazing work. yes 2 nails got ruined (because of all the showering), but only 2! I got this from a producer from work that I did previously (this project would be on another post), and I become addicted to it. MUST TRY/HAVE! 

for the french tip-like first I used OPI's Up Front & Personal (NL B33) because I like the concentration of the sparkle and how small it is. It also reminds me of a pixie dust of Tinkerbell in Peter Pan. And then I top it again with Topshop's Ice Crush. It also reminds me of the typical fairy dust would be like. I think it's appropriate to have a bit of magic on every tip of your nails.

For each ring fingers on each hands, I gave a small stone. Just to enhance to moment. Its as if you have rings on your nails. 

As for the finishing I used Orly's Top2Bottom for a top coat, let it dry. As it sets to quite dry, I put finishing oil around the nail, so the skin wouldn't get dry. This finishing oil also my (i think) best buy ever. I got it when I was in Japan. nothing fancy, and I think it wasn't that expensive (but I forgot how much). I got it in a big department store in Ginza. 

So yeah, that is how and with what I made the look for Dea's special day. I hope she enjoyed it as much I was making it. That is only I can give for her (for now) as a wedding gift. I also did her mother's & little sister's nails. It was just a simple 1 tone look for each(red maroon & light pink).


Until the next post.

toodles


ps: these are the products
Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails
Revlon (Top Speed) - Cloud
Mavala - Mavadry
OPI - Up Front & Personal
TOPSHOP - Ice Crush
ORLY - TOP2BOTTOM
Finishing Oil



No comments:

Post a Comment